My first Cryptocurrency Experience.
When you hear cryptocurrency, do you think of Bitcoin and Bitcoin only? As did I. I knew zero to nothing about cryptocurrency or Bitcoin.
Disclaimer: I am not a stock expert. I am just sharing my opinion. Buy stocks at your own risk, at the risk of the sometimes volatile stock market and only invest what you can afford. Invest responsibly. Always do your own research. This post and all my stock and money posts are strictly for entertainment purposes only.
According to Google and Wikipedia, as of August 19, 2018 there are over 1600 cryptocurrencies. That’s a year old statistic.
Dogecoin is one of those 1600 cryptocurrency. Dogecoin was released on December 6, 2013 (as a joke). But alas, the internet caught on to Dogecoin rather quickly. Dogecoin reached $60 million in capital in January 2014. That is $60 million in 1 month. (insert mind blowing emoji here).
According to dogecoin.com, “Dogecoin is a open source peer-to-peer digital currency”. You can transfer Dogecoin like money online. You can purchase items and exchange Dogecoins with others.
Recently, I bought $10.00 worth of Dogecoin which turned out to be 3,063 Dogecoins. My purchase price per Dogecoin was $0.003265. I dipped my toe in the cryptocurrency pool. Currently, at the time of writing this (not of posting as the price per Dogecoin changes so frequently) the price of 1 Dogecoin is $0.002866. I’m currently negative -$1.22.
What I learned with my tiny purchase of cryptocurrency…
- The Cryptocurrency world is volitale AF
- Dogecoin has been the most inexpensive cryptocurrency I’ve found
- Cyptocurrency can be traded on Robinhood App
- Cryptocurrency is irreversible. Once it’s sent it’s sent.
- Crypto is not controlled by any government.
- Cryptocurrencies can be traded 24/7. They don’t have an open/close market as does the stock market.
- Cryptocurreny on Robinhood is back by cash which means it cannot be used a collateral for equities positions, according to the Robinhood website.
If you're interested in dogecoin or cryptocurrency you can check it out on robinhood. If you'd like to use my referral code you can do so here https://invite.robinhood.com/melisss1324 . By using my referral code you recieve a free stock and so do I.
Hope you’ve learned something and I hope you’ve enjoyed. Leave me a comment if you’ve ever wanted or HAVE purchased cryptocurrency before. I’d love to hear about your crypto adventure.
Have a lovely rest of you day.
Thanks for reading. Until next time.