Keto Diet Noob – Day 1
Today I started the Keto Diet. Yesterday, I went to the grocery store, spent nearly $200 on food for me and my boyfriend to start this journey to a healthy version of ourselves.
I’m not new to dieting. Over 10 years ago, I did the Chinese Plant Diet pills. These pills suppressed my appetite. I drank lots of water. I only pooped once every 9 days and it became a crying experience. I lost 14 pounds. One day I was at the copy machine at work, you know making a copy. Someone walked by me, told me I looked purple. Sure enough, I was purple and my blood pressure was had skyrocketed. So that was the end of my Chinese Plant Diet Pills.
Over a year ago, I joined Weight Watchers. Which is great. Weight Watchers works. I lost about 15 pounds. But it was a yo-yo. I’d gain some, I’d lose some. For me, it was difficult to keep up with constantly noting what you eat. And I would get fustrated with the app when it wouldn’t work at the grocery store as I was purchase food to eat. Like I want to know how many points the thin oreos are vs the regular oreos. I want dang oreos. Lol
Now, I want to venture into the world of the Keto Diet. No carbs. Good fats. Avocados. Meat. No bread. Which is sad. No sugar which is also sad. I’ll see how it goes. It’s the end of day 1 and I’m feeling pretty good. Below I want to share with you my meal plan for today (I don’t know if I’ll do this every day but sometimes, maybe).
- Jimmy Dean Simply Scrambler
- It was gross. Dry. And there were hard pieces in my sausage pieces.
- Weight Watchers String Cheese (2)
- Two Good Yogurt
- Pepperoni Slices (15 slices, serving size)
- Raspberries (handful)
- Baby Spinach (2 handfuls of bag baby spinach)
- Baby tomatoes (4)
- Mozzerella shredded cheese
- Boars Head London Broil Roast Beef (2 slices)
- Walden Farms Dijon Mustard (1.5 ounces)
- Note: The Salad was gross. The dressing was super sweet. The roast beef tasted a little like bologna. I didn’t like it. I had maybe 10 bites. Put it away. And had my yogurt instead. That was good.
- Not sure yet
- Whatever we decide to eat, I’ll make it a breadless meal with greens and veggies and a protein. I’ve got this.